Saturday, April 24, 2010

II Cor 4:16-17 "...we are being renewed day by day"

No I did not write last night...I had chemo #6 yesterday, finishing half of a "round", with two weeks off then a repeat. My trouble, is I have too few platelets and red blood cells, and insurance won't pay for a "red cell shot" for another week. I could hardly breathe yesterday and last night it got worse. It is exhaustive to try to breathe and I have a new sympathy for those with lung problems. Today John and I went to town and walked about two miles total from where we parked, over to the stadium to see our son and grandson-in-law come in from the marathon. I made it, by stopping every so often to rest so I am better today. Then we had 18 family members here today/tonight and what fun!Many of these grandchildren and their families, or our son and our daughter-in-law , we don't see but every four months or so. Others, we see often but all being together was so fun. I do love my family!
I think I will ask the doctor if we can cut the chemo back to half strength when we start up again, or at least maybe the last two doses. These seemed to be the hardest on me. The Ct about the end of May will determine if it is working. If I KNEW it was being VERY effective, I might gather the strength to endure the full doses of chemo. Like I have said when I have a good day, I feel normal, but the bad days are really bad! I asked the nurse if my body was not responding as well to the chemo as before and she said "well you have had a LOT in a few years." But we know God knows my days and He is in control and I will not worry about that!
"II Corinthians 4 is one of my favorite chapters and I have quoted this verse before, but it is so appropriate..."Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."

No comments:

Post a Comment