Friday, October 7, 2011

Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth..."

"...give me an undivided heart that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever." Psalm 86:11-12

John and I took a few days to be away in the mountains, partly to celebrate his birthday, partly to just be away before the next chemo. The chemo next week is #5 and that is usually the most I can stand, before quiting and finding another. I hope being half dose, I can stand it longer. I think we will do a CT before #6 and see what is happening. I am still nauseous a lot and stomach upset. The rash on my legs has returned. I do have nails, and hair (such as it is), just slow growing! The scenery and trees on our trip were beautiful even though not in full color yet. We had fun, shopping and some walking and doing nothing. We do our best plans "for what we want to do later", when on a trip.

We were remembering this strange little dog that used to live up our street ( about 20 years ago). He just appeared one day and hung around and we really wanted him to just go away. Someone told me if we gave him raw meat with hot peppers in it, he would leave. So I got the raw meat and LOADED it with hot stuff. He gobbled that up and was ours forever! He LOVED that meat! He would walk with us every day and he was our protector from then on! One day two huge dogs came after us and he was so fierce and ran them off! What a friend we had because of the hot meat! Eventually he left and we never knew why, but he was ours for a long time, because of the red hot peppers!

So I am dreading the chemo again, dreading the nausea, even though I am not totally nausea free but at least it is better than last month. We are looking forward to planting fall/winter pansies and chrysanthemums, then decorating for Christmas. We just have to wait for the 80 degrees to be over! Every day is a blessing and every day I wonder how things will be next year! I can't go there! I am thankful for each day! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment