Saturday, February 5, 2011

"...In a dry and weary land..."

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1

Several times in the last two days, memories of Israel and our trip there have come to mind. Yesterday my daughter and I were talking about how special it was to sit on the old temple steps and KNOW that Jesus walked those very steps...to run my hand over the marble steps and know He walked there was overwhelming! Then we sat in the remains of the arena at "Caesarea" where Paul gave a speech. This week the news focuses on that area and we are so thankful to have been there. Our oldest grandson who was here today went with us on that trip and he and I were talking about what a blessing it was to have gone when we did.

We did have such good times today with the three greats here and our grandson and his wife--she is so dear, I feel she is a grand daughter. We did make the Christmas cookies and they turned out good and fun to make. It can be Christmas any time! They had fun opening their gifts also!

I am feeling tired and weak and anxious to see the doctor and find out what is going on! I am "in a dry and weary land" indeed and only God can rescue me!

No comments:

Post a Comment