Monday, July 11, 2011

"Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light..."

I just found this verse in Micah 7, and what a promise! Some days I feel like I am in darkness. Some days I feel like all is normal. The worse things right now is the absence of appetite and food not good to taste. It is difficult to cook when nothing sounds good. John has not suffered because he has gained. I have lost a little but not enough to make the oncologist take notice. I still have a week before the chemo again. This four weeks has seemed so long. I don't think I have ever gone this long between chemo treatments.

I am going back over my blog for the past two years nearly. I cannot believe some of the experiences this cancer has given to us. I am, along with a dear friend, hoping to put this into a book form. I would hope that these weeks and months of trial might give hope to someone. I told my sister last week (and never in this world would think I could say this) that I would not take away this cancer and what it has done for me. I have gained so much dependence on God and feel so much closer to my Savior. I know the Holy Spirit is there for me every day, speaking for me when I have no voice to pray. Micah 7:8..."Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light."

No comments:

Post a Comment