Friday, December 30, 2011

"Remember your creator in the days of your youth..."

"However many years a man may live, let him enjoy them all......There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven...." (Ecclesiastes 3:1, 11:8, 12:1)

As another year comes along (and they go faster and faster) I remember how we used to spend New Years Eve. For many years, my two sisters and their husbands, and John and I would go to a really nice restaurant, then back to one of our homes, and "hang out" until the midnight, ball drop in New York City. We would eat more and play games, just being together. We never thought that would end. The last December 31 with Beth, she was not able to eat much but we had hopes for a cure, as we always do. She passed away that January, ten years ago. Also since then my other sister's husband has passed away. As I have said before, nothing ever stays the same. But we sure do miss the ordinary, fun times of family that we thought would "go on forever"!

I am at the half way mark with the radiation and my radiologist said today that "I am tough". He feels the cancer is responding very well to this treatment. He also said I need to eat snacks and gain back some of the weight loss. (did I ever in my life expect to hear those words?) I am excited and often repeat my excitement. I see the oncologist next week, and meantime have three days off! That is enough to kind of recoup!

Ecclesiastes 3:13..."That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil--this is the gift of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment