Saturday, June 26, 2010

Friends

For some reason, this blog does not want me to publish my feelings about friends....It keeps stopping and posting it first. I tried it last night, got it all written and lost it! So here we go again.
I am being a nervous nellie, counting down the days until Monday, wondering how I will react to the new chemo.
I have been with friends this week, some I have know since high school, and others since elementary school. There is a "cute saying" going around the Internet where a mother tells her daughter that "life goes on, people come and go, but always keep your girl friends--they will always be there for you, no matter what". This is so true. Collectively about 10 of us could write any soap opera, the life traumas we have been through. And we are still going through much as our children and grandchildren are continuing with life's problems. All my friends are Christians and we share this faith and God's strength, and praying for each other. Proverbs 18:24 tells us that "there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
Also, Proverbs 17:17 says "a friend loves at all times..."
So I love my "girl friends" and we will always be "girls" to each other and we will still laugh about what we did that many years ago and "do you remember?..." God blesses us with these friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment