Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Do not put out the Spirit's fire."

I think I must be so SLOW of mind!... Our Sunday lesson was on the Holy Spirit and suddenly (wonderful how God opens our eyes!) I connected the "fruits of the spirit" with the "in-dwelling Holy Spirit". This was such a "wow-moment" and I am sure, I could find many, many connections like this. I realized how the characteristics found therein give us strength and lead us to be more accessible with God. The verse I Thessalonians 5:19 "Do not put out the Spirit's fire" follows the difficult passage verses 16-18 " Be joyful always. pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus". I talk about this quite often because I struggle with this.

I quote from the " Message" some because I think this example of the Bible clarifies some difficult passages. My granddaughter, talking with friends, mostly said they would not use this version for children memorizing the Bible. I agree with them because the beauty of the NIV or KJ is just not there.

I have had several good days. I am still very sleepy at nap time and usually sleep 2-3 hours in the afternoon. I have (facing me in September) to have the ureter stint replaced and I dread that! I hate being put to sleep again! I am very busy sewing with my sister for the movie set we are decorating! i will tell more about that tomorrow.

I am thankful for God's blessings, for friends who are supportive, for family and for John, my Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment