Sunday, August 7, 2011

"...to Him who is able..."

Ephesians 3:20-21..."Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations, for ever and ever, Amen."

Oh what riches and grace from God for all our needs!!! I am still having good days mostly, a little nausea, the one night with pain last week, and eating a little better.

Thinking about the Depression in the 30's I remembered about where we lived when I was 4-5 years old. There was a chicken house behind my grandparents that had 3 large rooms. I guess Mama and Daddy wanted to live separately because we sometimes lived in Grandma's house, but they fixed the inside of that chicken house and painted, put in doors, new roof and we lived there a year or so. Daddy was teaching school and I think I remember he made $35 a month. This was a U shaped house with a living room going into a bedroom then into a kitchen. We had an outhouse and took baths in a galvanized tub. In the summer, I always played in that tub outside. Several things happened while we lived there that were memorable. A huge storm tore down a tremendous tree over our house and it came through the roof in the night...I remember that happening. When Daddy was painting the floors and told me to stay off, I decided to run around the edge---guess who slipped and slid across the wet shellac? I had to take a bath in mineral spirits! The front door had a large rock as a door lintel. I ran in the door once, fell into the rock and cut across my forehead. When Mama saw me, my face was full of blood and of course I had to go for stitches. I still have that scar. Does it sound like I was a handful? ( I really was generally good!)The next year, we lived in a house in another area of town (much nicer and with a bathroom)and soon I started first grade. Daddy had a better job and we were living better when the war started.

Throughout all my life, God has taken care of me..He is indeed able to do more than we ever thought possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment