Monday, January 23, 2012

"Delight yourself in the Lord..."

"...and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noon day sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently before Him;" Psalm 37:4-7 Can you just picture this---God and sunshine as you wait on Him? A good friend sent me this passage today...

This was the longest I have gone without radiation since December 14Th, 4 days now without it. I think I can tell a millimeter difference in how I feel. I really think I might LIVE this time, but was not sure last week! My oncologist called today to ask how I made it through the radiation and how I am feeling! Did you know doctors do that!!!I was so impressed and it makes me love that man even more! The nurse will call me tomorrow and let me know if I am eligible for the new tissue-based chemo.

I miss all our babies so much and some of them we have not seen since November and some since October. They all have too many children to travel and we just have not been able. These pretty days make me long to get outside and dig, looking for spring flowers that might come up early, but nothing yet. The brave pansies are being beautiful and giving color in the garden of brown! I have to just be "still before the Lord" and remind myself that He is definitely in control!

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkJanuary 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM

    Oh my Bev! You sound like a different person today. You may think you feel only a millimeter better, but your words and your spirit tell a different story. You have "come back to life"! You had me scared in your last post. I cannot wait to hear the news after the nurse calls tomorrow. Please share with us quickly. I KNOW it will be good! I will be praying big time tonight for good news tomorrow! Spring will soon be here, and your pansies will be joined by all your other beautiful flowers as well as John's little garden of veggies. And spring will bring more than flowers and vegetables. It will bring a new beginning for you and good health for this year; you just wait and see!
    Much love, peace and and all God's blessings,
    Barbara and Alan

    ReplyDelete