Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"I love the Lord, for He heard my voice..."

For a week, all I have done is "crawl " from bed to couch and back again, too tired at night to even think, let alone write. Today was minimally better, in that I might feel a little more strength. I need to because tomorrow I go for CT, head, chest, abdomen and trunk..the whole works. My doctor wasts to see if there is any cancer in my brain, causing this continuing nausea. It has been 3 weeks since chemo and I did not "bounce back" at all!

As I am semi-awake, I think of more memories...snippets of happenings..like when Cathy took Agriculture class It her high school, the first girl to ever do this. That was he sophomore year and by the time she was a senior, there were lots of girls in the class. They learned how to saw beams/rafters, how to castrate bulls, how to do much of what is done around the farm. She loved it. Years later when she started her decorating business, guess who knew how to cut boards and "dress" curtains on them! No knowledge is ever wasted.

One little thing Grandma used to say--to me, "are you my child or Mary's?" I was over there so much it was hard to tell!

Another thing, she would have "sinking spells" occasionally and she would say, " if you come in and I am lying on the floor, just step over me, ignore me, and I won't cry"...how funny, I guess these were depressions? who knows.

Psalm 116:1-2 says..."I love the Lord for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned his ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live."

No comments:

Post a Comment