Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"The Lord your God is with you..."

"He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17
Oh how I need God to sing over me and quiet me with His love!!! I just cannot get back to normal. So day after day, I lie on the couch...not me!!!

While lying there I was looking at a clock I have that hung in Grandpa's paint store 100 years ago. It is rectaglular in shape, with a pendulum at the bottom half. The top half has the face, hands and very faint writing (in gold of course) that says "COCA" around the top and "COLA" around the bottom . The middle has script that reads "delicious" "drink" "coca cola" and "5 c "...What a period piece! Nothing is 5 cents anymore. I can remember going in the store and seeing that clock always hanging there. We also inherited a railroad clock of a different shape from John's parents and our granddaughter has it.

I love these antiques that were family and enjoy remembering where they came from and to whom they belonged. Someday that clock will pass on and I hope it is continually loved as I have loved it.

As always I pray for tomorrow to be better, for appetite, for ability to eat, for increased strength, and lessened weakness.

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkFebruary 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

    And I am so praying that same prayer for you daily and nightly as well dear friend. I am not giving up until God makes you normal again, and of course we are counting on the new chemo to be His tool. Know how much you are loved, prayed for and about, and thought about constantly.
    Missing you,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete