Sunday, February 12, 2012

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, rejoice!"

(I did it again, did not mean to close out the first verse!)
..John and I got to go to Florida for 2 weeks, just lie in the sun. That is all I felt like doing. I had lots of pain and nausea, inability to eat, very weak every day. Was that fun? John said it was. At least we were in the sun, and warm every day, usually about 80 degrees. I will anxiously await the PET/CT results this week. I have that test on Friday and see both doctors the next Tuesday. Maybe we wil know the cause of all the pain and nausea. I am not really hopeful right now, because this is the longest I have felt this bad without being on chemo. Maybe the new chemo is a miracle drug! Maybe it is what I have been praying for. I am trying to rejoice, and take hope in God and His mercy.
"The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Phil. 4:4-6

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkFebruary 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM

    Dear Bev,
    I've checked the blog every night to see if John and you were home in Tennessee yet. I wanted for you to be there in the warm Florida sunshine, but I also missed you terribly. I am so anxious for you to get started into the new program. This is the one that is supposed to kill any cancer in any part of your body, right? And that's what we are counting on. So I am excited. I am ready to watch our Bev return to health and strength and weight gain and energy. Of course we prayed for you every day you were gone, and we continue to pray for you as long as we have breath left in us.
    Welcome home, and get ready for the excitement! I can feel it--can you?
    Love you Sister,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete