Monday, March 12, 2012

"Cast all your anxiety on Him..."

Sunday our preacher used this passage for a "stress release" Bible verse and it occurred to me I really need this...I Peter 5:6-7 "Humble yourselves,therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."..........A key here might me to be "humble" because how can you cast all anxiety if you are still in charge? I really try to not be in charge, because frankly there is not much of me left to take charge of anything!!!

Walking down memory lane, John reminded me of his Mother's friend, "Old Doc". When Gertie (John's mother) worked at Loveman as a milliner, she would walk up to the YWCA and eat lunch at their cafeteria. One day she shared a tale with a very genteel older lady who was Doctor Cummings, or Old Doc. This lady drove a touring Model T (this was in the late 40's and early 50's) and she and Gertie became good friends. Doc claimed she had been to China and studied Chinese Massage for sinus problems and since Gertie and John both had sinus, she would come to the house and treat them. Grandad thought she was a fraud, but who knows! For the massage, she would seat you in a darkened room, and massage your head and neck, then have you drink a cup of hot tea. John claims it would work for about 2-3 days. Doc and Gertie stayed friends until Doc died in the late 50's. Another of life's strange little occurrences! John claims she taught him how to do this...I don't have sinus trouble so I would not know!

No comments:

Post a Comment