Friday, March 16, 2012

"...the present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that ....[awaits us]..."

In Romans, this precedes a favorite verse that I depend upon, in fact this week, I was sad, downhearted (in the middle of the night) and prayed this verse..."...the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit (the Holy Spirit) himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And He who searches our hearts....intercedes ...in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:18,26-27....

This is so powerful and gives a peace beyond any other.

I had the fourth chemo yesterday and did OK, all day again, and got home about 4:30 in a raging storm. I have three weeks with only blood draws each week and that will be a VACATION and hopefully regain strength, eat better and all that good stuff.

In the sleepless nights, I was remembering (why? who knows what memories come out) From about 12 or so on to teens, I would walk the half mile to the main highway, catch a bus and go into Nashville and meet friends for lunch and a movie. Of course, going to 5 and Dime stores, walking around town, just having a fun day. This day out could be done for $1.00....unbelievable at today's prices. The bus was 10 cents each way, the movie was 12 cents, a Krystal was 10 cents, a coke probably 10 cents...total of 52 cents, leaving me about 48 cents for "spending! Town was safe, streets were the same, and what fun we had! Life was so simple then... Town no longer has movies, and stores like then, as all in moved to malls. But that was a school memory from about 1946-52....

Tomorrow should be less rain and I hope to feel like digging in my flowers..always fun! Thank you God for each day John and I have, each fun thing we get to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment