Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"May your hand be ready to help me..."

"...for I have chosen your precepts...Let me live that I may praise you, and may your laws sustain me..." Psalm 119:173,175...

I have had terrible 3-4 days and nights...cannot sleep, pain enough to take the strong pain meds at night...nausea and cannot eat, I am so thankful this is an "off" week and two more to follow!!!I know my body could not stand one more chemo this week! We tried to go to Sunday night Care group and had to come home, I felt so bad.Well, things will be better this week, I KNOW!!!

I have told you about our cat (gray, Johny called him "mouse") and he was a much loved cat, when I had flu every quarter in college, the cat would lie on the foot of the bed all day, even though he really was not a house cat, but I could tell he felt sorry for me. I was working, going to college at night, etc...and got sick very easily; I guess I was exhausted, but a different kind from now!

Well one day, I made a lemon meringue pie, and Mouse got in the house and was on the cabinet, eating all the meringue! I opened the door and threw him across the yard to the neighbors, but he just picked himself up and eventually came back home! I was so mad at him! Grandad was over one day (they lived 2 houses away) and Mouse wound himself around Granddad's legs once too often, and he kicked Mouse over to the same driveway! Poor thing, he must have gotten used to "sailing"!Eventually some dogs got hold of him and we had to take him to the vet and put him to sleep. I cried so hard, I could hardly see to drive.We really loved Mouse!

Well these sleepless nights, lots of praying gets done, lots of thinking of God's precepts,lots of asking the Spirit to help me...thank you God for always being there..

No comments:

Post a Comment