Sunday, November 20, 2011

"Now to Him who is able..."

"...to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever..."Ephesians 3:20-21

This is another "favorite" verse that I use often because of the comfort it affords. I have nothing really but Jesus. After talking to the doctor on Thursday, I lay awake that night and thought and prayed-- another pain-filled night-- that I am not going to "hound" God with prayer after prayer, because He knows my needs and knows His plans so Once is enough. He will do what is best. My oncologist should call me tomorrow with a "PLAN" of his, so maybe we will know what is next. I have had no real pain since Thursday except one night so I don't understand all that!

John is working on family genealogy and found out that his family probably came through the Cumberland Gap from Virginia into Kentucky then Tennessee and on down to Alabama. They probably came with the Roberson's and Donelson's who founded Nashville. We think that this "Grayson" grandfather left his wife in east Tennessee while he went to find land near what is now Huntsville, Alabama. She had twins boys born that winter and also a child to die while she waited for her husband. They were so tough! They eventually ended up at Big Cove near Huntsville, and altogether had 13 children. The family cemetery is still there and is being restored with a fence and eventually a historical marker. They gave the land for a Presbyterian church nearby, which is still there today.

I pray for fortitude and grace to live as God wants me to.

Today is my birthday and it has been so wonderful. First of all, I really wondered for the past 7 years if I would reach 77 and also, I have received about 50 FB "happy Birthday" greetings, plus loads of cards. I am indeed blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment