Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"And what does the Lord require of you?"

Today is our anniversary. John and I married 59 years ago today. It was a lovely Sunday afternoon, with weather about like today, warm, with leaves still colorful. So today, we had a very good day out, and lunch at one of our favorite restaurants.
On the way home, the pain struck me again, same as the past three days/nights. I had gone for a month pain-free, then it has started again. I surly will be glad to find out WHAT is going on. I am back on the pain meds, hoping to sleep tonight. It usually hits about 1:00 AM and keeps me awake most of the night. The pain med will eventually kick in but the side effects include insomnia. Like I said the other day, there is lots of time at night for praying.

Micah 6:6-8 ( part of these verses) "With what small I come before the Lord and bow down before the exalted God?---and what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

I feel more humble, as I get somewhat more ill. I ask John today if he thought I was "going down" and he said he thought so, maybe very slowly (he hopes) but definitely not as strong as a year ago. I have lots of questions for next week at the oncologist. I still want to do everything I ever could do, but there is a weakness of spirit that is new. It is a little scary, but I know my life and all I do is in God's hands. and I just want to "walk humbly with Him."

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkNovember 2, 2011 at 10:42 PM

    I didn't realize it was your anniversary, but it's not over yet--not till midnight, so Happy Anniversary to the most precious couple I know. I wish I had known you the entire 59 years!

    As for the weakness of your body and spirit, I hope that as that happens, the strength of friends' prayers for you will increase and envelop the two of you and sustain you for as long as it is needed. I know God will provide.

    We love you and pray for you always,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete