Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"I the Lord have called you......"

Well all is over except the De-decking...gifts have been give and received, songs have been sung, food has been fixed, cooked, parties have been given and attended and shopping has been done and re-done! All you hear for a month is Christmas songs and the day after (the 26Th)it is like it never happened. But we know it did. Whether the 25Th is actually Jesus' birthday or not, I find it wonderful that the world recognizes, argues over the date, but KNOWS our Saviour was born, sometime, somewhere around that date around 04 AD, more or less by our calendars. Scholars think it might have been a little later in the spring. To simplify, they settled on the Roman calendar (I think) to establish this day.
I love the realization of Jesus all over the world. God is still in control, and He will determine our everything!

Two more radiations this week and I will be just about half way. I think I can make it. John and I were to leave next week on a wonderful cruise, to parts of the southern Caribbean we had not seen.This was not to be! I could be really sad, but I think of the pain several weeks ago, and realize how God prepared this radiation to heal that part (whether temporary or not) and give this relief. I could not have gone, as bad off as I was the first of December. I lie in the bed while the machine goes around me and marvel at God's goodness and knowledge He gives the doctors and praise Him for this goodness.

Isaiah 42:6 "I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you........"

No comments:

Post a Comment