Monday, December 26, 2011

"Jesus grew..."

Don't you love the Bible and how it tells us just what we need to know about Jesus. Luke 2:52 says "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."

Years ago I read a wonderful fictionalized historical book regarding maybe Jesus early life growing up. I would love to read it again. In this book, It supposed that Jesus as a boy, sailed with Joseph of Arimathea (a family friend, who later gave a tomb for Jesus). This Joseph was a business man who traded up and down the coast of Europe to England and back along the Mediterranean coast. Would that not be exciting for any boy! And we suppose Jesus grew up as any boy and had adventures. Anyway, wish I could find that book again. What a wonderful Christmas, with our seeing all but one segment of family between Thanksgiving and now. We will see those others in January sometime.

Any time we are alive and (as Grandma put it) "able to sit up and take nourishment", we are blessed. A few times I have not really enjoyed the "nourishment" but here we are!

Blessed days ahead and life is exciting! I guess I will never lose my enthusiasm for life...I hope not! Happy day after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment