Sunday, December 18, 2011

"I...will accomplish what I desire..and achieve the purpose..."

What a week! I have been so sick and so stomach upset, and nothing makes you feel so terrible...In the middle of this I finally finished taking the antibiotic that I believe was part of the ill feelings, and made it to radiation every day. Tomorrow starts number 4-8 and besides the weakness, maybe that will be the worst part behind me..

Our son Jim and Cindy were here Friday and Saturday and it was so good to have our two living children together and their spouses. There will always be a hole in my heart and in any family gathering without our Johny. I have told how Cathy always puts his stocking up with theirs. Friday night we attended the Schemerhorn Symphony House and the MESSIAH by the Nashville Symphony and the Symphony Chorus. The MESSIAH comes mainly from Isaiah and the entire production was like being next to heaven. It just makes Christmas for me (and John). It was a real effort for me to go but I had to just do it!Mainly while they were here we talked and just were family together. Cathy did food for us and had meals planed and Cindy did a lot so I just laid around. It is so against my nature to be like that! It all goes against the grain! I long to be myself and be active and cooking and baking and energetic!Maybe next year!

If there was no hope in this world I guess we would be a pitiful people. God tells us over and over that He plans and carries out His directives for us. I live in this plan He has for me. Will this be my last Christmas? I do not know. I know I have tried to live within what that plan might be.

Isaiah 55:10-11 "As the rain and snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth, and making it bud and flourish...so my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

I pray what is written, will accomplish what God has left me here to do. I pray He shows that a cancer (so far) survivor can depend upon Him and be content with whatever is happening . Merry Christmas to all. Our God reigns!

No comments:

Post a Comment