Friday, August 5, 2011

"...godliness with contentment is great gain..."

I was just looking at the picture of our youngest "great" who is a month old today. I look at that sweet face and wonder what her world will be like, indeed wonder that for all the "greats". By this time next week, the 9Th (who is due any day) may be here. These wonderful children are certainly God's gift to us and we treasure any time with each of them.

I am almost ready to go "wig less" , maybe in one more month. I have enough fingernails that I am no longer ashamed to show my hands. They just look like I have very short nails. This chemo, so far, is just the nausea and fatigue mainly as side effects; also very thin skin, which bruises or breaks open if I hit something.. I keep waiting for the "bottom to fall out" and really, really bad side effects to occur. I don't need to lose any more weight, but food is just so yucky! The chemo I take was told on TV as being in short supply so I hope I can get it on the 18Th.

I am so blessed, so thankful each day, especially when John prays for my recovery.
1 Timothy 6:6-8 describes what I hope to remain as my attitude..."But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing we will be content with that." I pray for always having contentment, and for living a godly life.

No comments:

Post a Comment