Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"From everlasting to everlasting, you are God..."

This past weekend, we were with 2/3 of our family...how wonderful it was! We saw the west Tennessee family on Friday and then Jim and Cindy (son and D_I_L) came Sunday with two oldest great grandson's from Augusta and we just had such a great time. Great granddaughter who lives close was here and Cathy and Ronnie and we celebrated our son's birthday. It does not seem that long since our first son was born! Where do the years go? I am so glad my body held together for all this celebrating. I have had no pain lately and quit taking the pain pills so that is such a blessing!!!I am so thankful!

While driving over Tennessee this week, John and I have talked about the past--we do that a lot--and how a REAL depression can affect a family. His parents and my uncle who lived next to them built (really a shanty) in the back of their houses and lived there and rented out each of their homes for several years. No one could or would do that today. (Zoning laws would prohibit). But the sacrifices made in the 30's was beyond what we know today. My parents did similar as we lived with my grandparents several times and our home was rented out. We never lived continuously there until Daddy came home from WWII. They built it when I was a baby but waited until I was 11 to really get to live there.

I have fingernails, kind of, anyway, several times lately, someone has said "oh you have nails" so I guess I do! It only took 8 months for them to grow back! Anyway, another thing to be thankful for!!!! God is so good, and I am so thankful to be able to enjoy family and friends, go places and live fairly normally.

"Lord, you have been our dwelling place through all generations. Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God." Psalm 90:1-2 ( a prayer of Moses)

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkAugust 2, 2011 at 6:35 PM

    Wow Bev!!! You just got a squeal from Jacob and a Praise the Lord from the rest of us! What fabulous news that you have at least temporarily ditched the pain pills! And nails!!! Whoo Hoo! You MUST be responding well to the chemo. This is such happy good news for the Clark family to hear. Honey, we've just about prayed our socks off the past few days. The weekend sounded like such fun. Congrats on the family b'days. We are celebrating a few of those ourselves, Chip's this past week and mine this week. Great reasons (excuses) for making homemade ice cream and eating like pigs (-: (-:
    Give John a big hug from all of us. Hope to see you on Sunday.
    Much love,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete