Sunday, August 28, 2011

".Peace I leave with you.....do not be afraid..."

This is another time Jesus tells us to not be afraid...so many places He tells us this...This time is in John 14:27..."Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

My heart could be troubled very easily, if I did not try to keep my focus on Jesus. I will have one or two very good days then nausea sets in, or the pain returns. I am trying to do without the nighttime pain med if possible. I do NOT want to be hooked on anything, regardless of the doctor (surgeon) saying "why not?" He sees me as a cancer patient. My oncologist sees me as a christian who lives on hope and prayers.

The past week has been very "crazy". Our daughter Cathy has the shop and she has a job decorating a house for a movie, so we all (the three workrooms) are in overtime. The movie people send the fabric from NY and when it gets here, we jump and sew. Details: I don't know the movie name yet, but it stars Nicole Kiddman and Hugh Jackman (?) , anyway, she refused to leave home (here in Nashville) or travel with her two children so it is being made here. The house is a lovely 1920ish mansion belonging to a family in Belle Meade and they are not using it so it is perfect for this movie. We are thrilled to be involved but we are working very hard. I go to my sister's to sew because she has a large worktable. Mine is small because I normally make just pillows.

One thing I am noticing is that I need to only plan one thing in a day/night. I used to could run,run all the time, but age/cancer/chemo is catching up with me. But that is OK, as I still have lots of energy, as long as the nausea stays away. I do have God's peace nearly all the time. This is week two after chemo so it should be better than last week, and I will not be afraid!

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to hear that you're having many more good days - and busy days with those fancy curtains!!! How exciting it must be, although I hope you don't overwork yourself....can't wait to see your handiwork on the big screen!! Your strength and positive attitude are amazing - we love ya!!

    ReplyDelete