Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"...out of His glorious riches, He may strengthen you..."

Well our newest baby girl arrived yesterday, and we finally have a red headed great grandchild. John was very red headed, in fact his nick name (growing up) was "red". I was a strawberry blond, nearly red, and two of our three children are (were) red headed. Boys tend to go bald in this family!...even the grand sons. We have one red headed grandchild, and now we have one red headed great. One of my great grandmothers was red headed, and it keeps popping up... Same with John. We are so very blessed with all these babies. We pray daily for their health and well being and God's blessings on them.

Tomorrow is my big day with the MRI and with all these painful nights, I am so ready to find out what is going on. I think about 5 nights of the last 2 weeks have been very pain filled (about a 10 on the chart). I don't sleep much but pray lots...beg God for strength, for better days, pray for lists of friends and family, for John and his sight. I see the oncologist on Thursday and have chemo and leave my worries at Jesus' feet. ..."so that Christ may dwell in your heart thru faith." verse 17 in Ephesians 3

"I pray that out of His glorious riches, He may strengthen you with power thru His Spirit in your inner being." Ephesians 3:16 I pray that if the news is not good Thursday, we can leave our troubles with God.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the newest addition to your ever-expanding family!! And a redhead to boot! John and your wonderful genes are spreading further into our society, and that is definitely a great thing!

    I'm so sorry that your pain has been so persistent - I pray so often that it's the pain of cancer cells dying and giving up to the chemo. I'm convinced that God is/will take good care of both of you - as such faithful servants, He must hold a very special place for both of you in His heart. So do we.
    Love, The Almeters

    ReplyDelete