Monday, October 31, 2011

"Do not be anxious about anything..."

I know I quote this verse often. There are some truths in the Bible that we just need to remind ourselves of very often. ( is that good English?) anyway, I found a list of items labeled "WHAT TROUBLES YOUR HEART?" I do not know when I wrote this as I was cleaning out papers, pictures, etc in my closet. Here is my list of "troubles", obviously many things on this list not at all applicable any more.
Not measuring up
elderly parents
children and grandchildren
things I cannot control
people who know, but reject Jesus
bad things in the world
Well some things never change, but other things---life just takes care of and they cease being important or time takes care of them. I don't think I have worried about "not measuring up" for 20-30 years. WHEN did I write this? My parents died 25 years ago. We worried about how we would care for them and their health problems and God just took care of all that. They died 3 days apart and there was no issue with how one would make it without the other. I think as long as you live, any parent always prays for and thinks of his/her children and grandchildren..human nature and lots of love for them. I do not worry about any of them but I sure do a lot of "middle of the night" praying!

I found a list of some of what we felt were most special antique glassware, that Mama and I sat and wrote down one of the Sunday's I sat with her. I find several things they brought back from Canada (where they loved to go) and Mama dearly loved to go antiquing and bring us "girls" back some pretty things. How special these memories are.

Philippians 4:6-7 says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment