Saturday, July 30, 2011

"Let the earth open wide...let salvation spring up..."

Day 9 and day 10 of this chemo and I am better but not feeling good. We went to west Tennessee to see three of our "greats", and their parents, of course! It was birthday time for several of the family and we really enjoy being part of that. This little family will welcome another "great" in a few weeks and be so busy! I always wanted four but never realized that. Well, the 3 /12 year old grandson prayed our blessing for lunch. Isn't it wonderful when children are raised in the Lord. The birthday girl who is five, loves aprons and will be a kitchen helper soon.

All the fields and trees are pretty and green even with the intense heat,We always say there is no place much prettier than middle Tennessee. We saw boys jumping off ropes into creeks, in a swimming hole. I used to love to do that. I think I would still do that if I had a chance. I just have to get WELL so I can do some things again!

"The heavens above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness grow with it; I, the Lord, have created it." Isaiah 45:8 This just sounds like a wonderful summer day with God's blessings showering down!

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkJuly 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

    Praise the Lord you are feeling some better. Some better is better than no better at all! Every single one of us is praying for you to have a good scan that will show this chemo is really working a miracle. I told the children we just have to be brazen and bold in our pleas to the Lord about your cure and also about Sara Walker's. We can't be timid about this.

    Hope we get to see you tomorrow morning at worship. A week without Bev is like a week without sunshine!

    Much love,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete