Saturday, November 7, 2009

Autumn days

Psalm 19:1 says "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands." As we go through this autumn week of nearly perfect weather, blue skies, wonderful sunsets and leaves prettier and more colorful than in many years...this verse came to mind. Since I am a "practicing artist" I look at the colors in the sunsets and wonder HOW would I match that color? WHAT paints would I mix to try and come close to these colors? Matching God's sunset would be next to impossible...so we do the best we can to come close to these marvelous hues. Am I avoiding the obvious subject??As another chemo day comes close again on next Tuesday, I am getting nervous..wondering if I will feel worse than this last week. I am still shaky, nauseous, sleepy...and food tastes strange. I am hungry but really don't enjoy what I eat. I have not lost much weight which is a "big" thing-- nurses always check for that. Friends and family tell me I look thin and I wonder "do I look sick?" Next weekend is a family reunion and I really would like to be able to do that. So, various emotional feelings--trying to not worry, or obsess, or "borrow trouble"..... and always, HATE the loss of a "normal" life, which Cancer takes away. So I am thankful for the prayers of many, praying also that I will do as God wants me to do. So today, is a rambling mind! Maybe tomorrow, another wondrous autumn day will sooth my mind.

2 comments:

  1. We love you! Hope you get to enjoy a beautiful Autumn day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev,
    I finally figured this "blog" thing out and am now "following" you so I will see everything you write (I think).
    Your writing is a blessing and inspiration for all of us, especially your family.
    I loved your remeberances of the fun times you and your family had and you precious expressions of love for Johnny.
    We all need to write those kinds of things for our children.
    My prayer for you that every moment you will be filled with the love and peace of God in spite of the treatments, side effects and life changes you have to make.
    Love you. MJ

    ReplyDelete