Saturday, November 21, 2009

Birthdays and friends

Well yesterday was my birthday and not a very good day--today was a much better day and John took me to see/hear Mannheim Steamroller in their Christmas music tour. Oh my, was that great! The music was all the favorites they are famous for, plus some oldies like "White Christmas", part of the "Hallelujah Chorus" and lots more. I am so glad we did not have tickets last night. There are more side effects showing up from the chemo--the ends of my fingers and toes slightly cracked open, and sore. When this started, I knew part of it is experimental and the other part is fairly new and the experts don't know how each person will react to each chemical. So we were not sure just what all might happen, so each day is like a "surprise". But I am determined to focus on 100% and not let any depression leak in.
I have had so many friends send birthday wishes and I feel so blessed. Many are praying for me and I am eternally grateful. Proverbs 17:17 says "a friend loves at all times" and Proverbs 18:24 says "there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother."
I pray I can be the wonderful friend to others that so many are to me. Two friends have called me this week who were close when we were growing up (and our mothers were friends) and we have not seen each other in many years. What fun to hear from old friends and what blessings all our friends are, many, "closer than a brother"...

No comments:

Post a Comment