Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"But you , O Lord are a shield about me.."

Wow, do we need shields about us!! I talked to at least six cancer victims after church tonight...I could have found many more if I had walked around. It is everywhere and we all have different, yet similar stories. We are all in prayer, probably more than at any other time in our lives. All our friends and families are praying for us. Some of our church friends are losing this battle and yet, they win, when God takes them home to Himself. We are all in some stage of chemo or radiation or recovering from surgery and many of us cannot touch others because of low blood counts. The low counts make you feel very weak, nauseous, and you lack the incentive to do the usual daily activities. This has not been a very productive day for me--I judge my days by how much work or household things I get done in a day. I only had energy for "staying alive" today. "But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the Lord, and He answered me from His holy hill." Psalm 3:3-4....please Lord, lift my head!

2 comments:

  1. Bev, I'll be awy from computer until Sat., but know that I join others in praying you throught these low-count days. Keep the faith, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that verse. Praying for strength.

    ReplyDelete