Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"I will praise the Lord who counsels me..."

Psalm 16:7-8..."I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is my right hand, I will not be shaken."

We had an old, dear friend to die this week and attended his funeral tonight. This Psalm was one of the Bible passages read. He was a strong christian , he and John worked together, our children grew up together. His wife and I kept our babies in the Cry Room together for many years. Lots of memories and sad, yet his faith like this passage in the bible, makes for happy memories.

I went to the oncologist today and he asked if I wanted to stay off chemo another two months and I said yes...(I might be psychologically ready for another by then). I am almost feeling like I can't stand the thought but maybe by the middle of May, I will be ready. Meantime, I will have a PET/CT the middle of April and see just what is happening. That makes me nervous to find out how the cancer is doing without chemo for five months! Then I read this Bible verse that says, "He is my right hand...I will not be shaken". With God as my "right hand", I can be strong!

A young friend wanted me to tell again what John tells me...here I am bone-y, bald, rash on my legs, no fingernails and he tells me I am beautiful and the sweetest thing in the world...that is true love!!!!! I blush with compliments because he sees me with eyes of love...thank God for that. (He also says I am a marvel because I have hung on with this cancer for 7 years)

No comments:

Post a Comment