Sunday, March 13, 2011

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life..."

I have had a hectic, tired some of the time, sick part of the time, anyway, what a week! since I have written in this blog. Last Wednesday, I was feeling like the "crud" that everyone has had, was hitting me. I immediately called the doctor and got a Z-Pak and started it that day. By Thursday night I was already feeling better. But Thursday, I could not stand all the rash, fingers, disaster going on and went to our dermatologist. He diagnosed me with an eczema due to low blood (white and red are both low) and that my body has no resistance, this was infected. He gave me a salve, body wash, and said I would be better in a week---I am already better! He also gave me a compounded med for my pitiful fingernails (said it would take nearly a year to be back normal for that). Why did I wait so long and suffer for weeks with that "rash"???I don't know, except that I get so tired going to doctors and just hated to go to one more....but I am so glad I did!

Friday and Saturday, coming home today, we went to Augusta, Georgia to see our son and daughter in law, two of our grandchildren and families. One of those families is our three greats (boys) who will have a sister this summer. What a crew! We have so much fun with them, and they are so loving, hugs, having adventures outdoors, just listening to their talking, seeing "who do they look like?" and being with family . I feel God has blessed me so tremendosly allowing me to live and be with our children.

Why do we worry? Because we are human? Jesus, in Matthew 6:25 says, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important that food, and the body more important than clothes?" This passage goes on to talk about lillies, and I was reminded of this as we drove "into spring going to Georgia and back to winter coming home" All the flowers were in bloom there and trees, (pear, tulip, redbud)blooming. I thought we were in spring then coming back home and few things coming out yet. Soon, we will...still no potatoes coming up but John checked them and they are just beginning to sprout! God is faithful...I am still excited and hopeful, seeing my oncologist this week and see what he has planed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment