Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"The Lord is my light and my salvation..."

"...whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1-2

I think I am better one day then the next I look at my finger nails and wonder how they look to others when they look so horrible to me. I think the rash is better then the next day, I am sore and scratching like crazy! Oh well...

I used to water ski and swim. I loved to swim. Skiing on a smooth lake, early in the morning, is the nearest thing to man being able to fly! That was such fun and something I was not very good at, but I sure did enjoy it. I even did a slalom ski (one ski) until I fell really hard one time and decided to not do that ever again.

But swimming in lakes, rivers, streams, pools, you got it, I would swim in it. When we camped at Falls Creek, we would go to the "swimming hole" where the sign said "Do not swim--swim at your own risk", the place where everyone went. There was a very large rock under the water across from where you first went in the water. Getting old enough and able to swim to that rock was a highlight for each child and grandchild of ours. Also when you got to that rock you could climb to the rocks above that and jump or dive back in the water. We had so much fun in that swimming spot. One time there had been lots of rain and the water was very swift and deep and we would catch each other coming down the stream--ahead was a big drop off and I shudder thinking about that spot and how we did not miss anyone!!!

There is very little in life I have missed doing if I really wanted to do it..not necessarily anything that cost money but fun opportunities. I am thankful I can still do what we do...walk, swim some, bike ride a little, work in the yard and garden.. God is so good and I feel very thankful each day for strength and ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment