Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"It will be fair weather for the sky is red..."

John and I went to a meeting tonight and as we drove, the sunset was one of the glorious gold into purple/lavender and every shade of red...unbelievable colors and as an artist I always think "how can I match those colors?" Of course I cannot!...I am not that good and no one can match God's colors! At this gathering I met a man whose wife has /had cancer and her name is Molly, so another one to pray for. I heard from Gene and he is doing well on this chemo except for the nausea. I saw my doctor today and have another month "off" to heal. That was a rough chemo!!! The nurse said the protocol has been changed and they are lowering the dose and changing the time between giving the infusion, partly because I had such a bad reaction. It IS experimental and I AM a guinea pig. That is good and I am glad to help find a CURE!!!!!!! Any way, that gives me 3 months OFF and hopefully I will have healed enough my April to start another one. First of course, will be another CT and see what/if any/ healing this chemo did. Also, I have a friend, Janie, who has cancer and after not seeing her for 20 years, I now run into her every week. I think that is a message to pray!

Another thing I used to do was RUN. When I was growing up a neighbor said I ran every where I went. I did walk a lot growing up...to school, over a mile each way, to friend's houses, to any where I wanted to go, either walk or ride bikes or stay home. When I had children I used to run each day, to stay in shape. I ran a few short "marathons", nothing like the 26 mile ones that my sister did. We hiked when camping, and ran races with our children. One time we were at Fall Creek Falls Park and John(about age 41) and our oldest son (about age 15) raced each other UP the steps from the bottom of the falls. They could have died doing that! Our son won, but not a great deal. Now we do not run, but I still walk some.

Well the colors tonight reminded us of Jesus in Matthew 16:2-3 saying "When evening comes, you say 'it will be fair weather, for the sky is red' and in the morning, 'today will be stormy for the sky is red'...". There is an old farmer's saying, "Red sky at night, sailor's delight, red sky in morning, sailors take warning"... Some things are always constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment