Saturday, March 27, 2010

Back to reality

If any of you read my blog daily, I know you wondered where we were!!!Lots of things are going on...first, John and I took a very needed vacation. I do NOT believe anyone DESERVES anything...just being God's creation and child is reward for anyone...but, all things being equal, we really did need a get-away. Especially John!!! For six months, he has been my rock, through my two surgeries (abdominal and brain), chemo, nearly dying from three major infections in December, three rounds of radiation. We were so exhausted and wrung out! Also, John is having major eye problems, with macular degeneration, and we are hoping the doctor can save one of his eyes. So, all my doctors, maneuvered and arranged all things to be done, so we could be gone for 17 days in March. We left here and flew to San Diego March 10, got on a cruise ship on March 11 and cruised to Hawaii, around the islands and back and flew back home yesterday, March 26. I will tell more about the trip later--the point is that the trip was such a blessing! I hardly thought about upcoming CT and chemo, maybe more radiation, and whatever lies ahead. God richly blessed us with a smooth trip, safety in every way, and fun times together.
I received a card from a dear friend and the Bible reference she wrote in this card was Psalms 12:1-2 perfect for having seen many blessings of His creation: " I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."
So now we get back to reality..I have two days this week with multiple appointments and John has two also. I am scared if I think about it--over a month with no treatments or Ct or doctor to check so what will they find this week???
In the apartment we are building at our daughter's and son-in-law's, she wrote Bible verses on many of the wall studs before the dry wall went up--so we will be "covered" with the Bible in this new home. I will not fear, because "my help comes from the Lord"!

2 comments: