Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"For thou are my praise."

A friend gave me a booklet called "Words of Blessing" and this is one of the pages: "Our Lord, our God, deliver us from the fear of what might happen and give us the grace to enjoy what now is and to keep striving after what ought to be." (This was written by Peter Marshall, author and minister of a number of years ago) What a wonderful way to tell us to live for this moment, thankful for each day, and not worry about what might be in the future.
I went to the oncologist today and he was very pleased that I have recovered from the brain surgery, and gained my weight back from the December neutropenia/hospital stay. He said I was really doing miraculously well. I said "what about the tumors in my liver?" and he remarked they are so small I should not worry about them. So that was very encouraging. Tomorrow is my last radiation and I pray that part of the cancer is gone. I will have a CT April 1 and see this doctor then and he will set me up for a less harsh chemo, since the last one put me in the hospital.
He told me a year or so ago that cancer is beginning to be treated as a chronic disease (like diabetes)so I will probably be on some sort of chemo for a long time.
I am so thankful for my wonderful, caring doctors. Jeremiah 17:14 says "Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me and I shall be saved; for thou art my praise."

No comments:

Post a Comment