Monday, March 8, 2010

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.."

As I told, we are trying to sell our home and build an apartment on our daughter and son-in-law's home. It is coming along very fast, and today I just nearly cried...I should not be sad, but I am saying again, it is traumatic to "get rid of" so much of our life's memories, furniture and dishes, linens, quilts, just so much from parents, and grandparents. We have always shared with our family and have given lots and lots of these things to all as they grew up and started homes, especially when we downsized 11 years ago and moved to this house. But this is the way of life, like with grandma's little basket.(I wrote about this a month or so ago). Our daughter said today, "just look around our house and you will feel like you are at home, with so much of your furniture here!" That is true, and I know this is the best, I just have to have my "pity party" sometimes. I also know God is arranging this for our good, because as the 23rd Psalm says, "{He} is my shepherd and I shall not want..."

No comments:

Post a Comment