Sunday, January 23, 2011

".....Stand firm in the faith..."

A dear friend found this verse that she wondered if I was seeking..! 1 Corinthians 16:13 "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong..."
I really think it was another and almost word for word...I will find it. This friend also found a wonderful book mark that says "I am your strength..." Psalm 46:1 and the lady who produces these bookmarks signed one to me...how blessed I am!

When I was thinking about the snows back when, and I remembered how Grandma and I had tin cans from their house to ours (across the creek and through the yards) and a string attached very tightly to the two cans. You could actually talk (like a telephone) on these tin cans! Has anyone tried that in YEARS? Also, I think how much trouble it was for someone (Daddy?) to run that string that far and run it into two houses? It is amazing what family will do for a small child! I guess I was 8 or so at that time.

Then I was thinking about John and I on our first Christmas after we married. I had always received a doll, a small "character doll" after I got too big for baby dolls, each Christmas and John gave me one of those the first year. The next year we had a Live Doll, our oldest son. We lived in a small apartment at first and I can remember having Grandma and Grandpa for dinner and I don't remember what I cooked but he bragged, even if it was not very good. I do remember his saying "You have good Maxwell House coffee"...We had a small Christmas tree and we went uptown to Woolworths and got ornaments for that tree. Those are called "vintage" ornaments now, and they are actually 58 years old. I had some of Mama's and Grandma's special ornaments and those along with our oldest ones, have been given to a grandson and his wife as the "keeper of the ornaments". I think they will appreciate and treasure these keepsakes.

I will keep searching for the verse I think I found. It is a good way to look through lots of Bible passages. Please pray for me and my doctor for good decisions this week, and for God's guidance in those decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment