Monday, January 31, 2011

"He heard my cry.."

"I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God."
A dear friend reminded me of this Psalm today. I am not patient enough and God did give me a better day today, a better outlook. As usual I rush ahead and do it myself. I am so blessed and I know He will take care of me. Today was better than yesterday, not "well" but better.

Grandma had a fairly nice little table that somehow ended up on the back porch and had been painted several times. She always put her boiled custard on that table to cool and set on the porch in the cold. Our daughter in law and son have that table, which has been refinished and is very pretty, but we still call it "Grandma's boiled custard table". When we visit family homes, and see all the family furniture, pictures and dishes, I am not sure whose home we are in! There are so many treasures from all parts of the family and it is a delight to see them being used in a third and fourth generation.

Two of our grandchildren are expecting #4 greats and wondering what to name the baby. I went through family names and wrote many down, not for them to name but to see what they are. "Mary" is among the most used girl name, eight times among 6-7 generations. "John" and "James" are the major family boy names and they have already been used. It will be fun to see who the new ones will be and be named.
On my Daddy's side, there are two times that cousins married---our tree does not split as much as it should! ( I have seen that as being "red-neck") oh well!

I pray for a good day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkFebruary 1, 2011 at 12:54 AM

    Hallelujah Praise the Lord! It is SO good to hear some of the funnies back in your dialogue! As usual you have lifted my spirits. Your verse was the one I was trying to think of. I needed that verse this evening, and I couldn't place it for anything. I got up out of the bed and came to see if you had posted yet, and lo and behold--there was my verse. Well, I have claimed it now, and on top of that you offered me some of your humor! A day without Bev is like a day without sunshine. I am so happy that you are physically better today (or is that yesterday?). Well anyway, looking ahead to the daytime hours of Tuesday, I so hope you are feeling better still. Please keep us posted as to when the swelling and rash begin to subside. I'm still praying for that six inch snow for you. Maybe by the time it gets here you will feel well enough to throw a snowball at John! (-:
    Love and hugs,
    Barbara and Alan
    P.S. Bev, did you get the message about the young mother with cancer that Tammie posted today? You have to go to her Caringbridge website! She is beautiful. She's become one of the members of our family prayer list now.

    ReplyDelete