Saturday, January 1, 2011

"...what is man that you are mindful of him..."

I just read the new blog our son is starting and he was quoting Phil. 4:6 about not being anxious...I should quote that verse every day, but I quote that a lot, so here is another of many "favorite" verses...Psalm 8:3-5 "When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for Him? You made Him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned Him with glory and honor." I need to just look at nature and what God has made and not worry about the CT on Monday---(that is foremost in my mind)...my fingers are so cracked I can hardly type..my hands, feet and legs are very swollen, and have lots of sore rash on them. I just am hanging on to see if this chemo is working! And then, I see the Philippians' quote and I think, in May I will start my 8Th year of survival only by God's grace and then I worry and complain...I pray for forgiveness for my humanness!

When 2000 arrived, everyone thought the world would crash and here we are 11 years later and everything is just going along as usual. Many things have happened in those 11 years, lots of "greats" that we are so proud of. All our grandchildren have wonderful homes of their own. Our two "children" are happy in their home and family, which is indeed a blessing. So as this new year starts John and I are thankful for our apartment, our family and what God has done and will do for us this year. Happy New Year to all!

1 comment: