Monday, January 24, 2011

"...you make me dwell in safety..."

Psalm 4:6-8 "Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord. You have filled my heart with greater joy than when thy grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."

I pray God does not lose patience with me and my petty grumbling and "wishing things were like they used to be"...well wouldn't we all wish that! Like wishing I were back younger and healthier and appreciating my size and not always wishing I were skinny, and on and on! Well, thankfully God gives us a break and knows our frailties! And sleeping well is definitely a blessing!

Well when John and I were at our second Christmas, we had our oldest son and we had moved to a little house behind his parents. It was about 400 square feet, three rooms but we have always been happy no matter where we lived. Our baby was 5 months old and we had a little tree, decorated and bows and greenery on all the windows. John even went in the woods and found some mistletoe to hang at the door. We had our garden which we have nearly always had, no matter where we live. John built a chicken house for our chickens (which I have always loved but have not had for a long time now--zoning). That first chicken house was up off the ground with chicken wire at the bottom and we thought that would be good to keep their feet off the ground--well something came under the wire and ate their feet off and killed them! Obviously, a plan had to be changed for the chicken house! It was and we had good chickens and eggs as long as we lived there. We lived there about a year and a half and moved for John's job change to another state when our son was about 15 months old. So the third Christmas was away from home! Another story!

Thank you Father in heaven, our Lord, for patience and blessings in our trials. Tomorrow is Doctor day...Today was heart test and it was fine...a blessing there!

No comments:

Post a Comment