Friday, May 27, 2011

"My days vanish like smoke..."

Psalm 102 1 Hear my prayer, LORD;
let my cry for help come to you.
2 Do not hide your face from me
when I am in distress.
Turn your ear to me;
when I call, answer me quickly.

3 For my days vanish like smoke;
my bones burn like glowing embers.

I am tired...it could be a. cancer b. age c. being sick d. John being sick e. results of chemo f. all or any of the above! I long to have energy. I hurt so badly last night. The doctor does not know what this hurting is. Nothing shows on the CT to have this pain. I have taken the strong pain meds and they are like nothing and the pain kept me awake last night. I am praying for relief, and asking God if this is how I will end my days?

Maybe tomorrow will be better. Usually I don't have this pain during the day, just at night. This is so strange. We got to have coffee with grandchildren this morning. What fun to be with grown up grandchildren. I love my family. Thank you God for blessings

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkMay 28, 2011 at 12:31 AM

    You have our love, you have our prayers, and you have our own selfish pleas to God to just make you well! I'm reminded of one of my dearest friends who is the sister-in-law of Bill C. at church who is back in Vanderbilt tonight by the way. She said her husband told her that God was going to start saying, "Oh no, here she comes again." (-: I'm not embarrassed to just wear the Father out with begging. So know that is exactly what we'll be doing. In the meantime, is it possible that it is something digestive system related since it usually only hurts at night when you get into a reclining position? The pain is in your abdomen, right? When you lie down the digestive system gets a whole new load of problems. I'm sounding like I'm trying to act knowledgeable when really I'm not. I'm just remembering similar nighttime pain myself. Consider monitoring what you're eating before bedtime, and consider sleeping in a recliner to see if that helps.
    We all love you and John so very much.
    Barbara, Alan and the children

    ReplyDelete