Friday, May 20, 2011

"Surely this is our God..."

I was with friends tonight, leaving John at home. He is so sick! He did not feel like going and no one wants to be close to him anyway. I have slept on the couch two nights so far...and I rarely do that. He is coughing worse than I did. He is taking an antibiotic so hope and pray for his health to return soon! . We were supposed to meet part of our family at Falls Creek Falls this weekend. We cannot do that! We are so disappointed, to not be with family and that is one of our all time favorite places in the world. I made family favorite cake (the buttermilk pound cake with buttermilk caramel icing) and we were to be part of vacation for our daughter and son in law and birthdays for two grandchildren. Well, these things happen and we would not go there and infect them for anything!

John went to the eye doctor today and he is about the same, which means he can see with the right eye, and the doctor thinks he will never be totally blind. That was wonderful news. He probably should not have gone, being sick, but eye appointments are hard to come by, and this was with the macular degeneration doctor.

I was looking at a magazine and it asked "what was your happiest day ever?" What a question! Would it be possible to take one event and say that was the happiest ever??? I think there are a hundred happiest days in a life time! I could go back to a day at Falls Creek with all the grandchildren young and all of us camping and a fire going, making s'mores ..does it get much better than that? Or the day one of your babies was born? Go back to the day you married? Above all, the day of accepting Jesus and becoming a christian.

I was talking to these friends tonight about my being off chemo and wondering if, maybe?, wondering?, do I?, will I?, It would be so easy to just stay off. Life is so good off the poison. I still don't know. I do know this--I will not do any more that nearly kill me. One friend talked about how we all pray for one person and they live then we all pray for another and they pass on. Why is this? Only God knows these "why" questions and only He has the "time" for each of us!

"Surely this is our God; we trusted in Him, and He saved us. This is the Lord, we trusted in Him; let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation." Isaiah 25:9

1 comment:

  1. Please for humanity's sake please do it once
    I have made a blog at blogger.com Since i have added a google adsense in the blog but haven't made a penny with this. I need your help and support to help me make some money to PAY MY Tuition Fees.
    What you have to do is follow these simple steps

    1.go to Google.com and search "kwotz2011.blogspot.com"
    2.then visit my blog from the the search results.
    3.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
    4. click ONE of the ads that APPEALS to you from Ads by Google boxes and visit there.
    5.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
    and that's it.

    IMPORTANT:Only two clicks are needed.
    I will be grateful to you.
    I really need your help

    ReplyDelete