Monday, May 30, 2011

"...are you not the God who is in heaven..."

Strange week...I spent Sunday night into early Monday morning at the ER and part of that time was having a CT which showed nothing especially new...but this pain has to come from somewhere! I have to talk to my oncologist tomorrow! There is probably no place in society more strange and different than the ER, especially on a weekend night. A nurse told us there are more people coming in with psychological problems on a holiday weekend than most any other problems. Maybe they think they should be in a family gathering and don't have that for some reason or another.

This is a strange Memorial Day. Of course it reminds us of Daddy being gone in World War II and of John's brother being killed during that time. For as long as I can remember it was a family day, picnics and/or camping, or family at my sister's home with swimming and food and lots of kids. They all grew up and now each family has their own time of picnics and swimming. Things change and nothing ever stays the same.

I am hesitant going to an ER (I believe this was the 4Th time in my life I ever went to one) and the place is always crowded and you wonder who will check you in, etc...and of course God took care of me and the nurse checking me in shared that her mother has cancer and would I please pray for her. Of course a Christ believer would be there for me! God is so good!

O Lord, God of heaven, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hands..." II Chronicles 20:6

No comments:

Post a Comment