Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Shout for joy..."

Grandma and Grandpa went fishing every Saturday. He loved it and I guess she did also but I think they just enjoyed being together. He always called her "mother" probably because of speaking of her to the children and it just "stuck". So they were getting a boat at a lake and he was saying "mother, get in the boat, etc..." and this old man helping them said "So this is your Mother?" This really hacked Grandpa bad! He called her the most beautiful woman in the world every day as long as he lived and the idea of her being his mother----and he was 8 years older than she was! We fished with them some when I was small and once a tornado came up while we were out and we took refuge in an old shack by the lake. As tornadoes go, it would not have done us any good, just kept the rain off!

I saw the oncologist today and told him about this weird pain I have in the middle of my abdomen, and he may have a CT earlier than he was going to. He also will get me an eye appointment. I hate-hate this all! I know we should not hate anything but maybe cancer does not fall into that category! Please Lord, consider me afflicted and comfort me!!! John is slowly getting over his illness. He usually recovers quickly, but not this one.

Isaiah 49:13..."Shout for joy, O heavens, rejoice , O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the Lord comforts His people and will have compassion on His afflicted ones."

No comments:

Post a Comment