Saturday, June 11, 2011

"He will be like a refiner's fire..."

A friend sent me a devotional based on Malachi 3 in which Jesus' coming will be like a "refiner's fire". When I was working on my Masters I took an art class working with silver, making jewelry. The silver must be heated in fire, and like the Bible says it must be purified. The devotional reminded me of what I learned at this class, that the silver is heated until (as it is poured from the crucible) you can see your face in the molten silver. The analogy is that God will refine us in His fire until we see His face, in its purity. Malachi 3:2-3 "For He will be like a definer's fire or a launderer's soap. He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver..."

I attended a friends' luncheon today, came home and slept for 3 hours. I have a strange abdominal pain tonight, so hopefully the pain meds will work . They did not help much last night. I hate all this pain and focus on "Me" and would so love to be back to normal! Tomorrow is a special big service and lunch at church, and I hope to feel like going! John is so worried about me and I also hate to see that pained look in his eyes when he looks at me. My God is in control. Blessings to each...

No comments:

Post a Comment