Friday, June 10, 2011

"...to train the younger women..."

"...the older women to '''teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one can malign the word of God." Titus 2: 3-6

Today, if older women are friends with, or help, younger women it is called "mentoring". I like to call it "friendship"! John and I are blessed to have younger friends who could be our children. I have several young "girl friends" who could be my daughters, and we do have fun! What an absolute blessing to be accepted by those who "speak the language on FB" and to have coffee with and shop with, on an equal basis. Many weddings don't include some of the "obey" doctrine, or being "subject to your husband". Why not let him be the one in charge, as it is a big world to be in charge of! Anyway, rambling as I am, I think younger women have a tough world and seeing older women who have traveled it and can still love their husband after 50 + years inspires these younger ones to keep trying,

I have not written in several days, as I have been too heart sick and sad to write. The cancer has grown, it is spread over my abdomen and mashing several organs, and blood vessels and nerves. There is pain from this, which is the trying to sleep at night-pain. I have had every scan,etc. so this is a very definitive diagnosis. The surgeon said to operate would be life threatening and might not succeed after all. He has given me a stronger pain med for nights.

I go back to the oncologist next Thursday and he will decide what is next. I am down to chemo being my only option now. I still KNOW God is my rock and my defense, my saviour, and He is still in control. He prevented a disastrous surgery. So we will see what He has planed for me next. Thanks you all who pray...God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment