Monday, June 27, 2011

"How can a young man keep his heart pure?"

We were visiting our granddaughter and her family last week. Looking around her home I could see so many things that were her great-great grandmothers' and what joy it did for me to see Grandma's dishes and pretty things in another generation's home. When our new great (a girl) is born next week, and these pink dishes are in her room, it gives such a sense of continuity! What wonder it would give Grandma to see these pink depression vases, bowls, plates placed around the bedroom, and being so beautifully displayed. It keeps me from missing these items when I know they are being loved and used.

John laughs at my looking at the babies and saying "she looks like this grandmother" and "he looks just like your Dad" etc.,, John says babies don't favor anyone at first. I beg to differ and love to look for family favor! I am sure the in laws see their favor in the babies!

We all pray for the greats to be looking toward God and praying for His guidance. Psalm 119:9-11 says "How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."

We see from the children of Israel how easily it is for a generation to fall away from God. We pray earnestly that ours will stay close to God and follow His precepts.

The time release med is working well and I am not suffering as much pain. The stint is working and I am feeling better except for drowsiness due to the time med. Well I cannot have everything! Everyday is a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment