Saturday, October 29, 2011

"...I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you..."

This passage was written to Ephesians but we can claim it for ourselves...Ephesians 3:16-17 "I pray that out of His glorious riches, He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being So that Christ may dwell in your heart through faith. " Oh how I need this strength and especially need it filling my "inner being"!

I mentioned the book I am reading by Randy Harris, and in one passage regarding prayer, he says to "picture the person for whom you are praying, being held in the arms of Jesus." this is such an awesome thought! Just think if you had issues with someone and you pray for that person in this manner...you could never think of them in a bad way again. I love this idea.

I am going down memory lane again thinking about a great aunt, my grandpa's sister in law. She was named Pearl and her sister was Diamond. (grandiose in their parent's eyes?)Anyway, to go to her house for lunch with Mama and Grandma was such a treat. She and my uncle considered themselves a "cut above". As a child I "knew this". Their home was elegant, with the silk lampshades with fringe of the 20's. We would eat lunch at a breakfast room built in table and booth and we did not know anyone who had that. Her china was lovely, and she always had some kind of jello salad. Their son went to a private boy's school and in the depression times, we did not know anyone else who could afford that. These are memories of 70 years ago, so maybe a little fuzzy? But she would always let me play with her stereoscopic viewer and she had lots of cards to put in it and view the 3-D of that era.

My uncle was one of Grandpa's brother and ironically he was the one who made the paint and got messy every day! Whatever, the three of the brothers were happy with their role in the paint business and kept it going for many years.

I love family memories. I wonder if any cousins are still around from this branch of the family?

No comments:

Post a Comment