Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Our Father in heaven..."

"...hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, in earth as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:9-10

On the rare occasion I have a difficult time going to sleep, I go through this prayer, and try to really analyze each phrase. Needless to say, I hardly ever go all the way thru. It is comforting and gives confidence in God's being in control.

My doctor called tonight and said the ultrasound of the stint was just perfect. So we are set to replace it December 12. I asked him about the pain under my ribs--another story (could be gall stones) and he said, as long as I stay away from very fatty foods, I should be OK, and the creature will "stay at bay".

I am making the 3 greats in Bartlett dresses for a family picture later this year. I feel so privileged to , first of all have been asked to make them is an honor, then to be able to sew them is so fun and more privileged.

I wrote 2 days ago that I am getting weary with the chemo and fighting this cancer. I know at some point, since I will never be off the chemo, that I will have to decide that "enough is enough". I don't feel this is giving up but accepting the obvious. My body is weaker than a year ago. I dread the chemo each time so achingly. If I thought keeping on chemo would be a cure, then I would keep on forever, but my good days are becoming less than the bad days. I have been blessed with 7 1/2 years so far, and we shall see what the mri shows and decide then what to do next. Prayers from family and friends have prolonged my life, there is no doubt! And I believe God is keeping me alive for His purposes. So He might provide a new chemo that would be just perfect. Hope is not gone! Blessings to all............

No comments:

Post a Comment