Monday, June 28, 2010

"Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons...: (and daughters...)

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him, endured the cross..." Hebrews 12: 2,7
Today was an long, hard, day! I left here at 6:15 am and got home at 7:45 pm. I had four (one of these about 8 sticks that never hit the vein) needles, one in the port for the chemo, and the other three trying to hit a vein in my arm, for the many, many blood draws during the day. I also had many, many EKG's and the steroids I had to take last night for the chemo today, then more steroids today, so I may never sleep again!!! Also this was "funny"...they gave me Darvon to keep nausea down, and it knocked me out for five hours today...all in all, kind of evened it all out..:-)
My oncologist came and sat and talked before he went home and he feels very optimistic about this new experimental chemo...It is supposed to kill the blood flow to the tumors in the liver. I get another MRI this Wednesday to see if the first chemo has done anything to the tumors. Four chemo's in eight weeks is considered a "round" then if it is working we will do another round. I am optimistic most of the time, then I have a few times I think about all this going on and on and on. Then I think about how blessed we are with this beautiful apartment, joy of being with our family and knowing God is blessing us beyond measure and pray daily that I am living for Him and His plans for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment